Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wrapping Up a Week

Well, the hard drive crashed on Tuesday so I am just now blogging despite what has been a very eventful week.

First, Wednesday was Emily's very first big girl day with NO accidents. Mama is very proud. One tiny accident today but we were in our swim suit and standing in a puddle of pool water anyway so Mama just "didn't see that." Sorry, fellow residents.

Second, I am very proud of my oldest this week because she jumped into VBS with both feet. Not big on change in routine, crowds, or loud noise/movies, I was afraid VBS might be all wrong for her. I was wrong! Hannah loved every minute of it. We have already shed some tears over today being the last day. She thinks Ms. Joye and Ms. Julie (our VBS divas) are movie stars. She reportedly loved puppets, music, dancing, and Bible stories. I loved not having to even think about supper all week and Hannah loved that "You know Mommy, if you don't like your supper it's okay not to eat it because they have good snack at Bible school." We also had a good cry in the car on the way today because Mimi didn't get to do "real" Bible school this year, just went to the nursery. That really hurt Hannah's heart because she knows how much Mimi loves to dance and sing and afterall, we'd all been practicing the music in the car together. Next year's VBS just seems too far away! When our pastor spoke today about hearing God's call and jumping in with both feet, I prayed that Hannah would keep this attitude for the rest of her life! Thanks to those who worked so hard to make this happen!

2 comments:

jkstrib said...

I pray for all of us to keep "jumping in" where He calls us to be.

Jennifer said...

I was sitting right in front of Hannah last night during there song and she was just so cute with her dancing and singing... She is a precious big sister and I pray for her to continue "jumping"...They have a great role model to show them who Jesus is.. Thanks for your help this week w/ VBX...

PS: I thought Joye and Julie were movie stars too....