Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Birthdays

Yesterday was my birthday and it was so fun to watch Hannah celebrate. Here are my two favorite conversations:

Me: Hannah, I saw your friend Casey (our babysitter) today. She's coming to play with you on Tuesday.
Hannah: First we have to eat our cake on Tuesday.
Me (smiling): Oh, are we eating cake on Tuesday?
Hannah: blank stare
Me (laughing): Did Daddy say we're going to have cake on Tuesday?
Hannah (softly): We're not supposed to talk about it.

Then, yesterday morning I woke up and Daniel said he and Hannah would go pick up breakfast. He threw on a sweatshirt and said it was okay for Hannah to wear her pajamas. As he was gathering a few things, Hannah came into my room and I put her coat on.

Me: Have fun with Daddy.
Hannah: It's okay if I have on just my 'jamas.
Me: Oh, yeah, that's fine if Daddy says it's okay.
Hannah: I'm just going to sit in the car while we get the doughnuts.
Daniel (from the other room): Hannah! Come in here and stop telling Mommy the secrets!

9 comments:

April said...

That's too cute! Thanks for the encouragement. Glad you found my blog too! Hope you had a happy birthday!!

Summer said...

Too funny! Hope you had a great birthday!

Summer Martin said...

Hope you had a great birthday!! My kids are not good at keeping secrets either:)

Jennifer said...

I had no idea it was your b'day... Happy B'day to you!!!!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day w/ your cake and donuts..lol

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday girl!! :) That is so cute!

Stacy said...

Happy Late Birthday!!

jkstrib said...

Precious memories! I can't keep a secret either! Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people.

Jo Ellen said...

That is so funny! Happy birthday late, by the way. I learned something tonight about Hannah at AWANA--she is terrified of the cartoon Herod. (That's right, Hannah, you should be--he was a MEAN guy!)

Stephen and Laura Timmons said...

That's hilarious! I didn't realize your b-day was this week. What a great friend I am! Sorry about that... we'll just blame it on lack of sleep. Hannah is precious! Gotta love birthday surprises.