Friday, March 12, 2010

Confessions of a Slack Blogger


Can I really refer to myself as a blogger anymore? :) I apologize for letting the blog go, but there have been so many things going on that I have just chosen not to blog.

The main thing God has been teaching me over the past 3 months is the value of relationships. I have never been the world's greatest friend...I get so absorbed in my to-do list and my own immediate family that I often neglect friendships, etc. I am still struggling with this. However, God has allowed me to be in several relationships that are stretching me on that front. I am learning the art of the phone call, hanging out, etc. I am learning how to give my time away rather than horde it, or at least I realize that's what I need to learn and I'm trying to learn it! Because of this, I have chosen to spend less time blogging.

I've also been working on some things for our consignment sale next week (see pictures).

But, more and more, I am falling in love with what God is doing in my children. Don't get me wrong, they are still 2 and 4 and act like it every day. But to hear them discussing the power of the Holy Spirit, that Jesus is their favorite, etc, etc, well, it's just the blessing of my life. Hannah's newest catch phrase is "new mercies." She has a very strong will, and some days she hits a point where she really struggles to do anything the way I've asked her to. After she is punished, I remind her at the end of the day that "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness" Lamentations 3:22-23. She loves to kiss me in the morning and tell me she has new mercies. Oh, that we would all have the faith of a little child!

1 comment:

Carra said...

Hey Sarahbeth,
I totally understand with the sporadic blogging :-) I'm so there - I didn't realize how similar we were in personality until I read your post just now. I can be so focused on my family and life. It takes effort for me to connect with other women (that aren't students and a part of my job LOL) God's working on me too. ;-)

I just wanted you to know I nominated you for a beautiful blog award! My friend April (linked from the post) has the details of how the award works.
http://embracingtheseason.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-award-and-news.html

Hope you guys are well!
Love, Carra