Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Year



Well, I have really fallen off the blogwagon. :) I think deep down I just want my India trip to be the first thing everyone sees when they visit my blog! :)

Someone asked me the other day if I was glad 2009 was over. Well, I am excited about 2010 but blown away by 2009. I could write for a while about the things God taught and showed me in 2009 but it all started with our student pastor's message on the first Sunday of 2009 and his challenge to "make Jesus your New Year's Resolution." My resolution was to know Christ. I think I'll just keep that one going for 2010.

Hannah and Emily sure grew a lot in 2009. To my many friends who have two under two or two under three, be encouraged! In 2009, we left diapers behind! Hannah can now do the entire process of turning on the light, using the toilet, washing and drying her hands, and turning off the light all by herself! And Emily only needs help washing her hands. What a nice change! Our schedule is pretty flexible now...lunch is anywhere between 11:00 and 1:30. Nap time starts around 1, 1:30, 2, 2:30, or even 3 and everyone rolls with it. That's nice. Emily's speech and personality are blowing me away. And Hannah is old enough now to build an authentic relationship with! And I am watching God woo her into the best relationship of all and that's amazing!

So with all fo that in mind I thought I'd post a picture of last year's gathering with cousins and this year's

No comments: